|Complete postal Address with city code||Crop Protection & Production Division, Central Institute of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants, Lucknow – 226015, Uttar Pradesh|
Educational Qualification: M.Sc., Ph.D., PDF (Germany & USA)
Position Held: Emeritus Scientist, Former Professor AcSIR, Senior Principal Scientist
& Head, Crop Protection & Production Division, CIMAP, Lucknow
Significant Achievements: Major research contributions, widely recognized at national and international forum in the field of crop protection, especially bio-control of plant diseases.
· Research papers 158
· Book Chapters 33
· Review articles 18
· Technical Bulletins 20
· Books 05
· Disease Resistant Plant Variety developed 08
· US Patent Granted 04
· Delivered several lead, key note and memorial award lectures at national and international forum including in Indian Science Congress.
· Members of different national selection committees and DST, DBT, CSIR task forces.
· Given a new face to menthol mint industry by developing cheap, economically viable, sustainable, long shelf life and environmental friendly CIMAP Trichoderma harzianum mass production technology based on agricultural wastes, which was adopted by >10000 farmers in mint growing areas of the country, enhanced mint oil yield > 25% and protected plants from diseases.
· Awarded NCBI accession number of 29 rhizospheric microbes
· Visited as DAAD Alumni to Singapore, Hongkong, Indonesia, Thailand, Nepal and Germany to work in various research programme.
· Shouldered responsibilities in Indian Phytopathological Society as Councillor (1998‑99 & 2011-2012) and President (MEZ-2013-14). Editorial Board member of Indian Phytopathology, Journal of Mycology and Plant Pathology, Medicinal Plants etc. Guided 13 Ph.D. Students (All are PDF in USA, European Union and Israel) and supervised thesis of 38 M. Sc / M.Tech students.
Awards/ Honours: DAAD Fellow (1990-1993) & Senior DAAD Fellow (1999) Bonn Univ., Germany), Visiting Scientist (2003-2005) University of Pittsburgh, U.S.A., Golden Peacock Award (2008) by WEF, Prof. V.P. Bhide Memorial Award (2008)-SIMPP Udaipur, CSIR Technology Award -1999 & 2015, Outstanding Scientist Award-2010, Dr. S.L. Mishra Medal 2011, Young Achiever Award-2014-Asian PGPR Soc., Prof. R.K. Srivastava Memorial Oration Award 2015 by NASI , Prof. H. S. Srivastava Memorial Award - 2015 for Social Contribution, Prof. J.F. Dastur Memorial Award-2017 by IPS, Prof. H. M. Shah Memorial Award-2017-by NSI, Dr. Manmohan Attavar Gold Medal in Floriculture-2017 by HSI, Plant Pathology Leadership Award-2017 by GBPUA&T , Pantnagar, Dr. M.R. Siddiqi Memorial Award-2018 by AMU and Umakant Sinha Memorial Award -2020 by IBS and many more..
Fellows: National Academy of Agriculture Sciences (FNAAS-2015), Phytopathological Society of India (FPSI -1999), Fellow Nematological Society of India (FNSI -1998), Fellow Botanical Society of India (FBS -2006), Fellow Indian Society of Mycology and Plant pathology (FISMPP-2007) and Fellow Indian Academy of Horticulture Sciences (FIAHSc -2019).
Area: Crop Protection