|Name||Angad P. Suryawanshi|
|Complete postal Address with city code||Department of Plant Pathology, Vasantrao Naik Marathwada Krishi Vidyapeeth, Parbhani - 431402, Maharashtra|
SIGNIFICANT ACHIVEMENTS :
a) Recognitions :
1) Designated Inspection Authority (PEQ, Govt. of India). 2) Life Member of four reputed National / International Professional Societies viz., Indian Phytopathological Society, New Delhi, Asian PGPR Society of Sustainable Agriculture, Alabama (USA), Association of Plant Pathologists, Akola and J. of Agricultural Research and Technology, Pune. 3) Acting as Expert Member for various Academic / Technical Staff Selection Committees of Dr.PDKV, Akola, VNMKV, Parbhani, Dr.BSKKV, Dapoli. 4) Acting as Subject Expert for State / National level Public Service Commission’s / Recruitment Boards. 5) Recognized as Post-Graduate Teacher and Research Guide (1999), and Ph. D. Research Guide (2003).
b) Seminars / Symposia / Conferences Organized :
1) As Course Director, organized ICAR sponsored Short Course training (10 Days, 01 – 10 Sept., 2015). 2) As Zonal Councillor (IPS, New Delhi) and Organizing Secretary, successfully organized West Zonal National Symposium (December, 2013). 3) As Co-organizing Secretary / Convener, organized Three National Symposia (Jan., 2015, Nov., 2015 and Dec., 2016). 4) As Convener, organized Two Workshops on Personality Development / Soft Skills (March, 2017 and Feb. 2015) and One Workshop on Applications of Statistics in Agricultural Research (March, 2016). 5) As Convener, organized First International Conference of Association of Plant Pathologists (Central India, Akola) in collaboration with IPS, New Delhi (Jan. 2016) at Bangkok, Thailand.
c) Role Played in Scientific Forum / Professional Societies :
1) Acted as Editor (Virology) of Indian Phytopathology (2014-17), 2) Member of Advisory Committee (2012-13, 2014-15) of Association of Plant Pathologist (Central India, Akola). 3) Acting as Reviewer and Referee of the journals viz. Indian Phytopathology, J. Pl. Dis. Sciences and JART. 4) Delivered Lead / Invited / Guest Lectures (04) in various State / Zonal / National and International Seminars / Symposia /Conferences / Workshops. 5) Acted as Chairman / Co-chairman / Rapporteurs / Jury (11) of various technical sessions in State / Zonal / National and International Seminars/Symposia / Conferences / Workshops. 6) Participated and presented research papers (Oral / Poster) in International (09), National (48), Zonal (25) and State (08) level Seminars / Symposia / Conferences / Workshops.
d) Contribution to Research :
1) Approved and released Six Research Recommendations during Joint Agresco at MPKV, Rahuri (2011 and 2019) and Dr. BSKKV, Dapoli (2014 and 2018). 3) Chairman / Member (Board of Studies, VNMKV, Parbhani), Member (Board of Studies, Dr. PDKV, Akola and MPKV, Rahuri), Member RRC and ARC. 4) As Research Guide (Plant Pathology), planned, executed and completed the dissertations / thesis of M. Sc. (28) and Ph.D. (07) students.
e) Research Publications :
Published full length original research papers, in NAAS rated journals : National (85) and International (10), full length research papers in proceedings (07) Technical papers (07), Four each Text Books and Technical / Research Bulletins and Chapters in Books (05).
f) Externally Funded Research Projects :
1) As CO-PI monitored and completed 04 Ad-hoc research projects funded by ICAR, New Delhi and 01 funded by Commissioner (Agriculture), Govt. of Maharashtra. 2) As Co-ordinator, monitored and completed 10 Product Testing trials funded by private sectors (Nirmal Seeds and Focus Biotech).
AWARDS / HONOURS :
1) ICAR sponsored prestigious Best Teacher Award (2011-12). 2) Scroll of Honor (2014, IPS, New Delhi). 3) Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award (2013, IBC, New Delhi), 4) Bharat Shiksha Ratna Award (2010, GSHEG, New Delhi). 5) Gold Medal (1986, Hexamer Foundation, Mumbai). 6) Merit Scholarships (UG, PG). 7) Best Paper Presentation Awards (10).
1) FPSI: Fellow of Phytopathological Society of India (2016). 2) FAPPA: Association of Plant Pathologist, Central India (2019).
RESEARCH AREAS :
1) Epidemiology and management of Agronomical & Horticultural crop diseases. 2) Exploration of native Biocontrol agents for crop diseases managements 3) Disease management in organic farming and protected cultivation. 4) Exploration and commercialization of edible Mushrooms.