Announcement for IPS Award 2021-22
Submission of award application has been extended till 07th March 2021
Greetings from the Indian Phytopathological Society.
The online system has been developed for application of various awards instituted by the Society from 2020-21 and only the online application will be considered from this year.
Online application for the awards of the Society are invited from the eligible members of the Society. The last date for submission of application March 07, 2021. Detailed guidelines and online application form are available on the IPS website: https://ipsdis.org/awards
The online application has been developed in two steps. In the first step, the applicant has to fill the ONLINE FORM and SAVE the application. In the second step, the attachments have to be uploaded for each claim, failing which, the marks will not be given for that claim. After completion of the form and attachments, please download and check the complete form in pdf format and save it for future correspondence. If the application is OK then submit OR you can edit/modify the application before submission. Application once submitted cannot be edited in any cases.
List of awards:
1. Mundkur Memorial Award
2. Jeersannidhi Award
3. M.K. Patel Memorial Young Scientist Award
4. J.F. Dastur Memorial Award
5. A.K. Sarbhoy Memorial Award
6. Sharda Lele Memorial Award
7. K.C. Mehta and Manoranjan Mitra Award
9. B.N. Chakraborty and Usha Chakraborty IPS Best Teacher Award
10. Prof. A.N. Mukhopadhyay Oration Award
11. D.P. Misra and R.N. Pandey IPS Best Women Scientist Award
12. Fellow of Indian Phytopathological Society (FPSI)
- Before Login, please check and ensure your email and
mobile number are correct on members databse available on IPS website: https://ipsdis.org/allmembersIf the email
/mobile number is not correct, please write a mail to the Secretary, IPS
to update your email and mobile number, failing of which, members will not get
the OTP for login.
- Interested members can login the website first time using OTP and can create password for subsequent login.
- In a year either the nomination for Fellowship or an application for an Award only will be considered and not for both, in respect of an eligible member.
- Maximum 2 awards and FPSI will be conferred to a single member throughout the membership in the Society.
- Five years will be cooling period for applying any awards except FPSI.
- Cut-off marks for all the awards will be 70% and 60% for FPSI. If two person get equal marks then award will be given to the senior person on age basis
- The award result shall be announced at the annual meeting of the Society.
- The Society will inform the recipient of his selection and request him/her to deliver a lecture in the next annual meeting of the Society or to write review papers as per norms of the award. The lecture be printed in the Journal (Indian Phytopathology) and it should be not exceed 15 printed pages.
- If a person selected for the lecture award is unable to deliver the lecture due to illness or other unavoidable circumstances during that year, he/she may deliver the lecture in the following year. However, the award will lapse, if he/she is unable to come for the lecture in the following year also.
- The Society shall have the sole right of formulation of rules governing such selection and selection of the recipient of the award.
- The recommendations will be made in each award at least by TWO Fellows (FPSI) in the prescribed proforma in a year. One IPS fellow (FPSI) can not make more than TWO recommendations. REcommendations once made shall remain valid for three years. Self-nomination/recommendation is not acceptable. Download proforma for Fellow's recommendation.
- Applicants nominated by the Executive Council (EC) of the Society are not required recommendations from the fellows of the IPS (FPSI).
- Name of the Fellows (FPSI) are available on IPS website (https://ipsdis.org/Fellow-of-Indian-Phytopathological-Society-(FPSI)-Awardees)
- All the supporting documents are required for each claim.
- Application: The intending applicants are required to submit one copy of application to Secretary, Indian Phytopathologigcal Society, Division of Plant Pathology, Indian Agricultural Research Institute, New Delhi 110012, INDIA, on or before March 07, 2021.
- Before Login, please check and ensure your email and mobile number are correct on members databse available on IPS website: https://ipsdis.org/allmembersIf the email /mobile number is not correct, please write a mail to the Secretary, IPS (email: firstname.lastname@example.org) to update your email and mobile number, failing of which, members will not get the OTP for login.